More Halloween Cards and a Question

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Do you ever feel like you are cheating when you've made a card with no stamping?  I actually thought that as I was finishing up these cards.  When I came to my senses, I realized these cards came together quickly, and I was pleased with the results. So, what more could I possibly want?  In the end, I just needed a few more cards to hand deliver to a few neighbors (along with some goodies, of course).  I achieved that. 

My thoughts: not every card has to be labor intensive, loaded with layers and bling, or hand stamped. There is a place for cards that can be assembled easily.  For example, if you are making more than three or four cards, that’s mass production (in my opinion).  You need a design that comes together quickly.  No frills!

So what are your thoughts on "non-stamped" cards?  How often do you create them?

The trick or treat dies are from a 2013 Papertrey Ink release.  They're not retired, thank goodness! Last Halloween I used these dies to create some cute packaging. 



With the second card, I did some spatter on the inside.  I wish I would have taken a picture to show you.  It was just around the edges to decorate the inside.  I hope the spatter trend sticks around for awhile.  I'm having fun with it.

3 comments:

  1. Cheryl your back! I've been looking for you ... LOL! These cards are fantastic and no you are not cheating. Sometimes I love to use digital images and not stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you had commented on another blog and I had to come and see if you were back. I'm so delighted you are!! I love your cards and I love your blog facelift and yes, I often make cards with no stamping now that I have so many dies and embossing folders. It's just so easy and quick and the cards, like these, are usually fabulous!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great colours, Cheryl ... the striking orange and green against the bold black are fabulous ... crisp, clean, fun! Don't often not stamp something on my cards ... but that's only because my collection of dies isn't that big ... maybe things will change as it grows! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs