One-Layer Wednesday 100 ~ Transportation

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Edited: For those of you looking for the OLW Challenge this morning, I apologize.  Last night I scheduled the OLW to post at 4:00am this morning because I knew I would not have computer access today.  I just received emails from Ardyth and Susan letting me know the OLW was not posted (Thanks ladies).  Again, I'm sorry. I've never had this problem before.

How exciting!  We've reached our 100th One-Layer Wednesday Challenge.  Thank you Susan for starting this fun, clean and simple challenge.  I feel like there should be balloons and confetti and cake!  Oh yes, cake would be good.

Additionally, I want to welcome Ardyth Percy-Robb and Karen Dunbrook to the One-Layer Wednesday Challenge Team. These gals are amazingly talented.  Stop their blogs for a visit!

And now for our challenge!  This week it's all about Transportation....Planes, trains and automobiles, oh my!  Of course, any form of transportation will do (bikes, scooters, hot air balloons, brooms). What ever direction your creativity takes you.

Here's my card:


When coloring a one-layer card, Copics really aren’t an option as they bleed through to the other side, so I choose my Prismacolor pencils for this project.  Two years ago I took a class at my local stamp store, (Rubber Stamp Fantasy, in Marietta, Georgia…awesome!).  The class was taught by Karen Lockhart of Lockhart Stamp Company.  She has a wonderful technique of layering color.  The results are beautiful (hers, not mine.  I’m still practicing.).  If you ever have a chance to take a class from Karen, you won’t be disappointed.     

Rules for OLW100

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of card stock folded in half. No other layers allowed!

2. Make a card using transportation as your theme. Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum and NO ADDITIONAL LAYERS of card stock.

3. Post your card online and link it to the InLinkz button at the bottom of this post.  If you link to your blog, please link to the specific post, not your blog's main page.

4. HAVE FUN!
Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn-Bon Voyage, A Muse-Sentiment
Ink: Memento-Tuxedo Black
Paper: Neenah
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, ribbon

16 comments:

  1. What a great retirement card! Oh if we all could retire and see the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and fun retirement card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Cheryl! Cute plane image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl, this is as cute as can be!! I love the simplicity of it - the image just pops! That same thing happened to me but while I was on vacation - blogger failed me big time, and it was on a blog hop night! Oh my! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I will definitely be playing tonight! Also try out GinaK Pure Luxury card stock. With it you can use copics and no matter how much you blend it won't bleed through! Hugs and thank you so much for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card! This simple design has a big impact. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheryl, Super card, love the clean simplicity! Have a great weekend, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. usually don't get a whole scene on a CAS card let alone OLW...but you did it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheryl, your card is just too cute! Love that little airplane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun challenge Cheryl and I love your stylised plane scene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Cheryl, for making me get out that hot air balloon set that's languished for far too long!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your sweet visit and luv. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love using pencils, definitely don't get mine out often enough! You did a great job with the coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs